Aug 22, 2009
This new expansion really seems superawesome. Total redesign on the world on the inhabitants (on us). Some highlights!
(You can find the original mmo post here.)
- Cataclysm will change the ways abilities are learned. Abilities ranks are gone and ability will just scale progressively with levels instead.
- Most of the Talent Trees will be changed dramatically, a lot of the passive bonuses will be removed and talent trees should be more fun. (No more "Hurray! Level up! I just got 1% more hit!)
- Multi-passenger flying mounts could be added in the future. They might also allow crafters to craft 310% flying mounts if they already completed an achievement rewarding one.
- Every healer class can now dispell magic, the niches will other debuffs.
Archaeology is the new secondary profession that will be joining the ranks of cooking, fishing, and first aid in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Archaeology allows the player to unlock new abilities and rewards by discovering ancient treasures throughout the world. Each archaeologist uses the profession to uncover clues hidden in the world around them, such as troll relics or map fragments, and decipher their meaning, enabling the clever archaeologist to manipulate pieces of the past, learning the location of a treasure cache or valuable artifact. Such artifacts are highly sought after by the Archaeology Society, and they pay in gold and items for their return. Those who have mastered archaeology can find Titan artifacts, earning special currency used to unlock character paths and allowing the player to further customize their character.
- Reforging is another way to customize your gear.
- It will be relatively cheap, you will need a Blacksmith / Leatherworker / Tailor / Jewelcrafter / Engineer to do it. Each profession get to reforge a type of items.
- It lets you reduce one stat for another. Some restrictions will apply, you can't put the extra stat on something that is already on the item.
- Multi-gains will be added, while you level up your trade skills, rare items will give you more points as you skill up. (Rare items will give you 5 points for example, while green bracers will only give one)
- Gathering should be a little more fun.
- Engineering is a very fun tradeskill, but it's either amazing or it sucks and everybody drops it. More convenient items like Jeeves or Wormhole Generator will be added to the profession in the future to get back to the roots of Engineering.
- Fishing will also have some big changes, no details yet but it's going to be more fun.
In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, there are plans to streamline the statistics found on items. We want to remove all unnecessary stats, make all existing stats understandable, and make all "core" stats more appealing. Here are some examples of such plans.
- MP5: This will be removed from items and replaced with Spirit. All healers will be given a meditation-like ability.
- Spell Power: Spell Power is being removed from items as well. Don't panic, we'll be improving Intellect so that it provides mana and Spell Power.
- Attack Power: We're removing Attack Power from items as well. Instead, we're allowing Agility to provide the necessary Attack Power for leather and mail wearers. Strength will provide the appropriate amount of Attack Power for plate wearers. This means leather and mail items will no longer be desirable for plate wearers.
- Defense: The Defense statistic is also being removed from items so that players no longer have to worry about juggling around "the cap." Tanks will receive the necessary anti-crit from talents, like Survival of the Fittest.
- Armor Penetration: This ability is too confusing and "mathy." It is being replaced with Mastery, a stat that makes you better at what you do. More on that later!
- Haste: Will also increase the rate at which you gain energy, runes, and focus. Retribution paladins and Enhancement shaman will have a talent that allows them to take advantage of this benefit.
- Block: Block Value is being removed. Blocking will now always mitigate a percentage of damage.
- Stamina: Players will notice more Stamina on gear as Defense, Spell Power, Attack Power and Armor Penetration are removed.
- Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne.
- Rocket Jump - Activate your rocket belt to jump up to 20 yards, every 2 min
- Rocket Barrage - Fire your belt rockets at an enemy within 30 yards, every 2 min. (Shared cooldown with Rocket Jump)
- Time is money - Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed.
- Best Deals Anywhere - Best possible gold discount, regardless of reputation.
- Pack Hobgoblin - Calls in your personal servent, allowing you bank access every 30 min.
- Better Living Through Chemistry - Alchemy skill +15, Your potions give more health / mana
- Goblins can be all classes except Paladin or Druids
- Darkflight - Activate your true form, increasing movement speed by 70% for 6 sec, every 3 min.
- Viciousness - Increase damage by 1%.
- Abberation - Reduced duration on Curses and Diseases used against you by 15%.
- Flayer - Skinning skill +15, you skin creature fast, and you don't even need a knife.
- Worgens can be all classes except Paladins or Shamans
- The Worgen Form is cosmetic only
- out of combat you can pick between Human or Worgen.
- In combat you will be a worgen.
Aug 21, 2009
Goider at mmowned posted a great thread how get into OLD IF nowadays.
Now he stated its best to get polied or feared inside bg then leave it (/afk, / script scriptleavebattlefield()), then you can get into OLD IF instantly.
Now, this is tested and works; and if you are alliance, the best method is to join AV, go to Drek, then wait for his intimidating shout and leave bg. Voilá.
- Predatory Strikes: This talent now also causes the druid’s finishing moves to provide a 7/13/20% chance per combo point to make the next Nature spell with a cast time below 10 seconds instant cast.
A couple of weeks ago we already took a look at this change, but as a recap of it, lets think about this once more.
- Ferocious Bite
- Savage Roar
It sounds real good at first, instant casts as a feral? But i still have my doubts. More time in caster form, less defense, more danger.
But, more cc; and SR has a 100 yard activation range, meaning you can SR cp off a target to trigger the new proc.
Aug 16, 2009
Worgens and goblins will be the new playable races, and we can explore new and even updated, old dungeons too.
Onyxia is getting updated for 3.2. New loot, new encounter. Well maybe not so new, everybody remember Deep Breaths from vanillawow:P
im on vacation till thursday oh wait..
IM OFF TO THE MOUNTAINS TO TRAIN.