Dec 13, 2010

Level 85 Feral

So we raced against each otherwith Lorinel who is gonna be 85 sooner, and even I did it was a mixed experience.

First, the new content is very good. Loved the mission, loved the zones, I really enjoyed it. Money spent on this is well spent.

Level 85, as for me, as a feral is a total disappointment. I still don't really wrapped my head around the shear amount of letdowm I felt, when i dinged and trained my last ability, Wild Mushroom.
Of course it was just a last in a series of bad and useless mechanic, since I've started leveling.

Lvl 81 Thrash is a weak 6 sec dot you can cast in bear, it still needs a target (else it could be semi-useful against stealthers). As for tanking it is okay, but just like the upcoming, the rest of new druid abilities, lacks any kind of innovation and fresh ideas.

That is what Lvl 83 ability confirms even more. A 8 yard sprint buff for 6 (!) seconds. Most of the time people are not even realizing there was any kind of speed buff on them, it is that weak. And when i told Lori the buff time, he simply laughed out loud on ventrilo.

And here we are. Lvl 85. Wild Mushrooms. 0.5 sec cast time. Only usable in caster form. Has a 6 seconds trigger effect before goes invisible.
3 yard detonate range.
Yes you read that right. 3 yard.
Damage?
700.
Yes.
700.

Also, no longer triggers when somebody steps on it.

Terrible, terrible. When I think about other class abilities, which make the game experience richer and so much more fun, I only can feel downright jealous. Ring of Frost, D.Simalucrum, Spiritwalker's Grace...

Our damage is still good. Bleeds hit hard, new kick and stampede ravage is godly. Played a little feral/rogue action, even I have to be very careful (more of this in a few rows), it is fun and cc city. 1v1'd with a DK in Tol Barad, 25k obliterates hurt. I won but it was very very close.

Most of the 'constantly dying' problem comes from a simple mechanic. Healing.
Heaing simply doesn't exists for hybrids anymore. It is a pure healing class mechanic (and a very problematic even for them too). I heal for 6k's with a 6k mana cost (out of 24 k mana pool) 13ks with healing touches (when all the stars align) when mere dots eat that healamount away while out in caster form. What bothers me, that DK, Lock and even Warrior healing seems to be strong, maybe even stronger than my mana based heals. So you have a 100k hp pool, you go and try to kill something before they put you down.
It is a dumbed down game, a dumbed down talent tree, with dumb boring new abilities.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe ferals are not that good at 1v1 right now, but with our awesome damage & control we'll do pretty well in arena imo

Anonymous said...

i can only agree with u starmist, stampendig roar is propably as good as worgen racial which is realy dissapointing , shrooms dont fit to feral spec absolutly and are useless crap... from all the classes and their new spells we got the shitiest ones hands down, for me personaly feral became rly boring and iam thinking about rerolling something more fun and exiting...

Sacred said...

strange..i love it.

Terra said...

Haven't even bother to teleport to learn mushrooms yet, and I've being 85 since last Wednesday.

Done Tol Barad a couple of times and found ferals to be quite strong in 1v1, in an early game I defended slagworks against a constant stream of single hordes, much have gone 6-0, before they grouped up to take me down. Found that even if I'm on 50% health I've a fair chance of taking down someone.

I do notice that our heals are alot weaker though, but you get used to that.

Really their are no changes for ferals at 85, all our changes came in 4.01 with Skull Bash and SR mechanics. I do see myself getting bored alot quicker with this expansion.